Sunday, March 15, 2015

What is this, Day +6?

I realized that I haven't mentioned numbers. Mostly because I think watching them too closely will make me go crazy. At day +6 they are still dropping, some getting close to 0. The cells that are lingering are peripheral and will die off according to their finite lifespan. So while that's all happening Ainsley's cells should be finding themselves nice and comfortable in her bone marrow. The doctor this morning mentioned that he'd expect to see a rise at the end of the week.

She had a few trials today. She has a blister on her arm that appeared under the original bandage from her new PICC. It's not puffed up and I'm a bit worried. Hopefully tonight it flattens and starts to heal. She also had another bleeding tubie issue. They keep popping off now that they dangle from her arm. So after that we pinned them behind her, hopefully that will help.

She didn't nap and was a complete mess by 6. We got some dinner in her then went to the playroom. I can't even put her to bed early when she needs it because she gets oral medicine at 8pm. Just as we were about to get through the routine she started puking. By the time we cleaned her up, got her to take her medicine (which I highly expected to have puked back up as well), and brushed her teeth she was sound asleep in my Mom's arms. We laid her down and are hoping for a sound sleep all night. She was up crying every 20 minutes from 11pm-3:30am last night. At that point we begged the nurse for meds, I can't imagine what she was feeling but it broke my heart.

*****

I spoke with two parents today. One has a 16 year old daughter and for the last year they've spent 5 weeks in for Chemo, 1 week at home, 5 weeks in, 1 week at home.  She also has 12 and 8 year old boys and a 2 year old daughter.

Another little girl on our floor is a few months younger than Selene and is on her 3rd autozygous transplant. They've been here for 7 months. Going home for 4 days in between each. Another little girl a similar age is on her 3rd.

It really puts in perspective how short our time here will be and the likely success of our situation.

"More Tums! More Candy!" Ok, we'll fix the candy/medicine association when we're home.


Feeding Pappy pizza during FaceTime


This is how nap time went.


“For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. Jen, my child is diagnosed with scn. Would you be spending few minutes talking to me? It will be a huge help! My num 408 289 1913

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prathi, absolutely! Today was a whirlwind so I didn't get a chance to call. If things are calm tomorrow I will try to reach out. I hope your little one is doing well at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jen for your reply!!! Will pray for lil one to recover faster! Call me anytime that's convenient for you.

    ReplyDelete