Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Not much to say..

Which is a good thing! I think we really needed a day of no surprises and nothing going on. Selene took a while to get going. She didn't even want to take a morning walk around the hall. She was really aching and exhausted.

Elise from Child life came by though and they played for almost an hour and she had a blast. I can't believe all of the staff they have just for keeping the kids entertained and happy. And granted I view Occupational Therapy and Physical therapy as play time, but I know they are instrumental in the treatment of other/older kids.

It seems that every time I talk to another parent I realize just how easy we have it and how fortunate we are.  A mother of 7 is here with her 12 year old. They've been receiving treatments since August. She felt bad I had a baby here. I told her as long as she has Mommy and toys her life isn't so bad. Her son has to miss school, friends, sports, I just can't imagine!

And another little boy on our floor who is 10 days ahead of us is having major complications to his round of Chemo (this is after three other rounds of Chemo to fight Leukemia). His transplant numbers are amazing. But he is in really bad shape, can't get out of his crib, doesn't want his mom holding him. The doctors aren't even discussing transplant/engraftment, etc. at this point. They are only fighting this complication.  I just can't even imagine.

I thank the Lord every day that our complications have been fairly trivial (tubies!!).

The big thing on my mind right now seems WAY too superficial. Selene's hair is falling out like crazy. She gagged and puked a tiny bit after nap time and I'm almost positive it's because her fine little hairs got into her throat. Though it hurts my heart, I think tomorrow is the day that we clip her hair off. It's basically all rubbed off in the back and super thin on top anyway. So we should. The other little boy's Mom said they didn't think twice about it, tons of people buzz a boys head. So we can be gender equal and have no issues buzzing Selene's! Right??  My mom thinks she is going to notice and be upset. I didn't think she'd care. Until she tried to make pigtails on her head after seeing them on Pinkalicious.

Cue tears tomorrow.

On a fun note, Dan is taking Ainsley to a school mass where she will be presented with the Angel on My Shoulder award. Her teacher said it is given to children who show Christian values at school. I know my little bleeding heart greatly deserves this. I was hoping I would make it, but the car situation is too difficult to figure out. So she gets some awesome Daddy/Daughter time. Thank goodness for cameras!

I'll leave you with a final Ainsley-ism.  After apparently making my mother in law buy enough hair bows for all three of the girls' childhoods she said "Ainsley and Bumble can grow their hair together."  I died. Where does she come up with this? And at the rate Selene grows hair, the baby really could have as much hair as she does :-)

Sweet dreams...

Lazy morning

Pouting about nap time (then she slept 3 hours)

A box of letters and presents from all of SCH! 

Thanks, Jenn and all of Springfield Chestnut Hill Academy! 

More amazing cards!!

Still putting together that one puzzle, come on Amazon!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Ainsley's award and the comment about Selene and bumble growing hair together sent me over the edge. We are sending daily prayers for you all... I can't imagine being in your shoes, as Mackenzie is not much younger than. Selene. You are so strong, and I'm so glad that it sounds like the staff is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete