Sunday, March 29, 2015

"Excuse you!"

Selene has been out of control cute recently. Her language is booming and she's picking up on all sorts of things.  She's had pleasantries such as Please, Thank you, You're welcome, Excuse me (when she burps), God Bless you, etc. for awhile now. But the best is that now when Dan burps she tells him "Excuse you." I'm also a huge fan of her adding an "S" to your when its not necessary.

Anyway, I know all toddlers have their own cute misuse of words and phrases (it's not cute when you're grown up), but there is just something about this cutie that I can't get enough of. It could be my survival instinct since I have no choice but to spend all my time with her.

Her numbers were back up a bit, not all the way to the other day, but she's doing great. The new attending on rotation is wonderfully supportive and is eager to get her off of IV nutrition. So he asked us to now keep track of everything she eats as well as drinks. Obviously, a new row of stickers was added to the chart. 5 bites per sticker.  We had a successful 14 ounce day! The last ounce was when she was in bed and told me she was thirsty and drank it unprompted in just a few minutes. We also had a list of food equating to 7 stickers. It took a ton of encouragement but we are eager to be 100% IV free. Plus this is all bringing us closer to home!

The night shift nurse came in to take over while Selene was happily and crazily bouncing on Daddy (not what he had in mind when he suggested they play cars on the play mat) and she remarked that this did not look like a sick child. This is what the doctors and nurses keep telling us. "Don't focus on the numbers, focus on how strong and happy she is. That is the most telling right now."

Ainsley, Nana and Grandad also came for another visit today. They girls went nuts together in the hallway. Happily ramming the cozy coupe into Grandad over and over again.  Getting to steal Ainsley away for a sandwich at Potbelly rounded out a perfect day.

I also get to escape twice this week since Dan is on spring break! Tomorrow I will attend Ainsley's Easter party and on Tuesday I get to take her to Kindergarten registration. When did my baby get old enough to register for Kindergarten?!

I can't believe our time is coming to an end. It partly feels like it flew and then I think back to all that has happened and can't believe how long ago it feels. Terrifically surreal. I know we have a long road a head of us. But I know that if we survived this chapter that the rest will follow.

Thank you for all of the prayers! Hope everyone has a lovely Spring Break, Holy Week and Easter!



Obsessed with "Tea party!!"

"You want coffees?"
"Yes, Selene, I want all the coffees."

Hey there cutie.

Her current adorable door. We have to rotate all of our artwork!

She wanted to read the menu and tell me what she wanted for dinner (2 soups and 2 chickens). She also pointed to the sandwhich and said she wanted it. So close to being able to have fresh foods!

Primping with Daddy

I have a good life.

Let's play cars turned into Hop on Pop


 

1 comment:

  1. Selene looks so good you can see it in her bright healthy eyes. Sending her all healthy thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete