Friday, March 27, 2015

Chug, Chug, Chug!

Pray for Thirst!

Selene is doing amazingly. Today they made me schedule our Broviac care class.  But now we are down to the "Is she drinking?" question all day long.  I knew this would be an issue going in. It is sooo common and my kids aren't great drinkers to begin with. But now that it could be the one thing holding us back it is nerve wracking. Deb and I pulled out all of our tricks today and got 3 ounces in her. Dan enticed her to drink a few ounces of water this afternoon. I think part of it is whatever happens anatomically to make them not want to drink and part of it is her being 2. While I was encouraging her this morning she kept crossing her arms and saying "Don't care!" But I care!

Now that it's dinner time we are working on a few more ounces. Not only would this keep us from going home, but if she doesn't get enough they will put in an NG tube. And I really don't want that to happen just because she won't drink.

Deb said that the three big criterea you have to meet besides decent numbers are
  -Not needing platelets more than every three days-she has never needed them other than surgery day.
  -Weaning off of intense pain meds-she was never on them.
  -Drinking enough.

They are trying not to say it but if all goes well we could be home before Easter. Something I never imagined!

I'm going back to our house tonight to get some things taken care of so I'm going to get a few of her favorite cups and straws. Hopefully that will help.

So just keep the prayers coming that all numbers continue to rise and that she cooperates and drinks enough to appease the doctors!

Chug, Chug, Chug!


I'll put these pretty bands on my arm.

This means nothing to most of you, just take note of rising numbers and a higher ANC that she ever created on her own!

Her drinking bar!

Shots! Shots! Shots!

Patience of a Saint, she played stickers for an hour.

Giggling over tubie flushing.

Still on stickers

Puzzles with Nurse Deb

She took 2 hours to fall asleep, but she's so cute!

DRINK!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen...so thankful to hear this wonderful news! God is good ALL THE TIME! Thank you so much for your updates and awesome pictures...love them! We pray every day for sweet Selene, dear Ainsley and your entire family throughout each day. Blessings and love to you all!

    ReplyDelete