Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Phew!

That day is OVER!

We have now had a few of these crazy days now and honestly, I don't even remember them (If I didn't blog them then I'd probably never remember!) So I'm sure this day will be added to the list of "distant memories". But it proves once again how amazing Selene is. She used her left hand for everything and didn't bump her IV once. She even perfected her puzzle with the left hand. Needless to say we just ordered her four more puzzles because I'm pretty sure she has this one memorized.

I think the icing on the cake is that her beautiful fluffy hair is falling out like mad right now. The back of her head is almost bald and the top is sure to follow. The nurses were stunned when I walked into the OR, held her until the gas put her to sleep, laid her down, kissed her hand and left, all while composed. But then tears stream as I see her hair covering my clothes.

BUT. The day is done and there are tons of positives.
She had fun with Pappy and he got a great visit.
Nana gets to sleep in a comfy, cozy Marriott bed tonight and hopefully come back refreshed for a few more nights of mattress sleeping.
Because of the open wound possibility they started an IV antibiotic, which means no more antibiotics by mouth! Usually this change occurs with a fever, so we got the better scenario all while maintaining perfect temps.
They started IV nutrition, mostly just for precaution. The negative to this is that Selene was getting Calcium via tums which she referred to as candies and she loved. They no longer give them because the Ca is in her nutrition supplement. She is mad. (No worries, this will not affect her desire to eat. So when it's there she can and will. Unlike the issues we've found with her limited desire to drink because of all the IV fluids).
Selene is snuggled up in her new Cinderella nightgown from Nana and Pappy and is fast asleep.

The sun will rise on a new day. My beautiful girl will hold no grudges and most likely no negative memories. And we will continue forward.

Now for tired pregnant Mommies to hit dreamland. Here's hoping that our night yields better results on my jawbone than last night.

Just a little light reading, Little Women.

Learning to be a lefty for the day.

Pretty sure that thing is memorized.

Pappy came! She had to be shy for the first 10 minutes.

Rocking my Bunny suit for the umpteenth time.

In Pre-Op

So tired and snuggly.

My St. Patty's Day celebration....


Oh! And for a little comic relief, here's a gem my mother in law texted me tonight-
"Mommy is really fat. But that's good because of Bumble."

Thanks Babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment