Monday, March 2, 2015

Is it already day -7?!

Today was a good day! Dan left at 5am to go to work so when I woke at 6:50 I ran to the kitchen and ate a bowl of cereal, heated up my chai (thanks Tazo for the easy coffee fix!) and called in Selene's breakfast order. She woke up around 7:30 and was eager for food! Every day she is eager for meals is another good day in my book.

On the wow list for the day is that Selene took her meds this morning by herself! She gets 4 oral meds (some antibiotics, vit d, vit k, etc) and two of them taste horrible! We've been having to hold her down while the nurse squirts and she keeps yelling "I spit! No medicine!" But this morning a delightful nurse Amanda just sort of went over while I was doing something else (her first time on shift) and Selene said "I do it!" Amanda handed the first syringe and Selene gulped it down! Took a sip of water and reached for the next! If I hadn't been in awe I would have grabbed my phone to record it. Because it was incredible. I'm not expecting the same tonight, but definitely hoping!

Then after rounds with our wonderful Oncologist visiting us, we spent an hour walking the halls. And by walking the halls I mean she was in a little red push car which I pushed while pulling her IV pole. I'm pretty sure that since my arms were stationary my Jawbone did not count those steps which really ticks me off :-) After I got all my exercise for the day, we went back to our room where we had visits from a few others including our incredible hematologist. We no longer have to see him since we are with Oncology now but it was so sweet for him to come! Also, I found it highly amusing that between his slightly receding hairline, tall, fit physique and the face mask, Selene started yelling Pappy! He assumed she said "Happy!" And I'm OK with that because otherwise it would be a little embarrassing.

After that she was sleepy and hungry and I had lunch delivered. Which gave her just enough energy to boycott nap time. She was soooo hyper and crazy from the steroids again that I really needed a break, she even set off an alarm because her tubes kinked like a garden hose.

I put her in her crib which led to her trying to do somersaults (with tubies this is not a good plan) and pretending to snore when I told her to go to sleep. Then I tried to ignore her with headphones on when I heard I TANGLED! I look over and she was completely entwined in her tubes. Needless to say I was desperate for Dan to get here so I could escape! He arrived at 3:30 and I ran down to see Aunt Grace who came to visit. We chatted awhile and then another lovely friend and her gorgeous blond children brought us delicious dinner and presents for Selene! Of course while I'm enjoying all of this Dan texted me to say Selene fell asleep minutes after I left. Figures!

We were also sent lots of other food and treats from good friends. So I am now no longer concerned about starving. We are so loved!

Dan also left shortly after helping with bath time to go snuggle our big kid (and sleep on a bed that is not an air mattress). So now I have a crazy baby who napped until 6:30...not sure what to do with her at this point. Here's to hoping she isn't up all night!

Good morning!

Sleepy right before lunch is delivered, or as I call it, Adrenalin 

The one minute I thought she was going to nap.

The next minute I knew nap time wasn't happening...

So she got out and got to watch a movie instead.

Zibo needed a new diaper and thus she needed gloves to change him (because I now have to wear gloves while changing her since I am pregnant and she is on chemotherapy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment