Monday, March 23, 2015

Cruise control is set.

Knock on wood, but I really think we are just going to set cruise control for the next two weeks.

Today was great. Selene slept through the night and woke in a great mood. We had an amazing day together.  Our wonderful nurse, Deb, also made sure that I ate and got coffee since I'm solo this week.

Selene did her usual battle of nap time (I find it fitting that all the research I do keeps mentioning how tired BMT patients will be and how my kid still barely sleeps.)  I asked her over and over to lay down and sleep and she finally, no joke, huffed a sigh and said "Fine!"  Where did I get a teenager?!

When the doctors came to see us they were super pleased (and thankfully she was super charming). Her numbers are looking great. The Attending last week had said she would continue to need platelet transfusions, which is pretty common, but her platelets are moving up, not down (they are a quick consumable so a transfusion could be necessary every few days if they aren't being made.) They are also going to back off on her IV nutrition in the hopes that she'll start to increase her food and fluid intake, which is key (after good numbers) in being able to go home.

It's 9:30 and she's still sitting in her bed asking for toys and chalk, and all sorts of things. I really am getting concerned for what bedtime and sleep is going to look like when we go home. Hopefully we figure it out before the new baby arrives.

Also, is it possible to have read every baby name in the world? How does this new baby not have a name yet?!

But anyway, here's to another two weeks on cruise control.

Puzzle queen




Magic doors



Cuties from yesterday that Dan sent to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment