Saturday, March 7, 2015

"All done sleeping!"

Every morning and after her (occasional) naps, Selene wakes up and announces "All done sleeping!" I'm pretty in love with that. And while I'm terrified of the transition back to sleeping in her room without us two feet from her, I know I'll miss waking up and seeing her sweet face and hearing her announcement.

Today was the last dose of Chemo! It was actually sort of anticlimactic. She and I were playing on the floor mat with puzzles and her tea set and the nurses came in to set it up (did I ever mention there's a checker for all doses of chemo? I love that) and since Fludarabine is a  fast 30 minute drip it was over before I knew it.

While she has not yet escaped many side effects of this process as they are to follow, I'm still thrilled at how the past 10 days went. And going forward, it's not like losing your hair hurts (though I think this will be the thing that brings my tears). Also, mouth ulcers are apparently because of low ANC and many of her fellow neutropenics suffer them on a regular basis. I'm holding out hope that since she never had any despite an ANC of 0 for 16 months that maybe she isn't predisposed and we'll escape it. But of course I know that so many other things are at play, and all her other white blood cells are creeping towards 0 as well. But a Momma can dream.

Today Miss Ainsley came down and Nana and Grandad and we had a great time! We even got a little lunch date with Ainsley which was much needed!

Oh! While we were out on one of our hallway strolls, Selene encountered Lucy, the 20 month old about to start her transplant. They had the typical toddler stare down and then later during our evening stroll Selene asked "Say Hi Lucy?" It was adorable! Hopefully we will encounter them again. As you can imagine these doors stay shut 24/7 and you don't just knock on an immune-compromised child's door.

After a calm Saturday our Sunday will be even quieter before the momentous day 0. Then the waiting begins.

I'm going to miss that fluffy bedhead.

Having a picpic.

Ainsley was supposed to be in this and walked out as soon as I took it. So no pictures of the girls together :(

Potbelly milkshakes!

A stroll through campus.

They advertised a hastag photo contest on their tables...which is apparently outdated. 

Strolling through the Perelman Quadrangle. My obsession has become researching everything the Perelmans donate to. They are currently worth 14.9 billion dollars. #mindblown.

Messy!

Cruising.

I think she's going to notice when she loses her hair :(


And of course, a video for good measure:

Cruising with Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment