Saturday, March 14, 2015

Settled back in...

It seems weird that I am so comfortable here. While I enjoyed my brief outing, especially because it was time spent with some of my favorite ladies, it was comforting to be back in the hospital.

I expected Selene to jump into my arms when I walked in. She didn't (eventually I got some divine snuggles), though she did tell me all the things she did with Daddy. They had a great time.

What I didn't expect was Ainsley's reaction. She was a gem the whole time. During dinner, playing before bedtime, snuggling with Aunt Jojo for stories, having breakfast at Panera (our plans to make breakfast were foiled by a power grid issue, so glad that was PECO's problem and not mine!), and then during our movie watching date.

Let me take a moment to say that Cinderella was amazing. It was delightful, whimsical and just lovely. I think Ever After still holds my heart for best Cinderella story line, but I was a huge fan. Have Courage. Be Kind.

When it came time to leave the theater she was a little contrary about wanting to play the arcade games. Then when we got back to our house just to do some last tidying up and she really threw a fit about leaving. She broke down crying in the car because of shoes. She just wasn't ready to leave (granted she is a big fan of playing with Aunt Jojo.) It broke my heart that while I tried to give her a special getaway, it actually made it harder. She is beyond spoiled with love and affection by her grandparents, uncles, aunts and everyone, but I guess the monotony of life at home with Mommy and sister is precious to a child.

Dan is spending all of Sunday with her and hopefully that will help.

And with that, probably everyone's favorite part, the cuteness.

My little teenager (not hating the sleeping till 8:30)






This face.

Dan's amazing coworkers know the way to a pregnant Penn Staters heart! Strawberry floats are making a great bedtime snack. I'm eager for Selene to try my favorite, Cookies and Cream, when we get home!

Music Therapy time.

She kept giving Patrick, the sweetest man ever, the cold shoulder. I wish he could just sing Down By The Bay to me while I nap.


Stickers!

Miss Independent. Also, she is on a huge pizza kick. The fact that she'll still eat is amazing.

I was worried about her nutrition, the processed food is killing me, so the nutritionist started sending Naked Juice.

Happy Birthday, Aunt Merlann!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment