Tuesday, March 31, 2015

We're going home!!!

I've been MIA for a day or two! Yesterday was so busy with going to Ainsley's class Easter party, which was adorable as always, and then coming back and continuing the feeding frenzy. Then after an uncommonly defiant bedtime I pretty much crashed.

I started to write a post this morning when our rounding doctors came in. They looked happy and pleased, as they normally do with Selene. And they asked how we'd feel about going home tomorrow. I may have squealed with delight.

This sign has hung blank since check in. Seeing this was amazing.


I couldn't believe it. I was holding out for Friday as our "early departure." But here it was and then a whirlwind of planning and preparations. I was supposed to be gone all day for Ainsley's kindergarten registration and a doctor's appointment for BB3. But I wanted to be here for the medication training, etc. So Dan took Ainsley (I mean, that's his expertise anyway, right?) and I rescheduled my appointment..again. I'm sure she's doing fine, other than trying to burrow out of my body.

We've started packing up the room. I'm really glad I took a load of stuff home yesterday! And saying our goodbyes to friends and nurses on the floor.

A fellow Mom and friend said that they miss this floor and I didn't understand how that could be possible. But I get it now! Everyone is amazing. Plus, I like having the professionals around to double check everything. When we are home it will be all on me to take note of every change, every slight increase in temperature (hopefully there are none), getting her to take her meds. Plus I'll be cooking, cleaning, taking care of the house, the girls, and then spending day long appointments at CHOP on Tuesdays. Then I consider adding a newborn to the mix in 2 months and it's all a bit overwhelming. I know that we'll work that out too. 5 weeks in the hospital seemed like it would be impossible and here we are.

We are sure this couldn't have been done without all of your prayers and God's support. I truly feel in my heart that He surrounded Selene and kept her happy, strong and faithful. I can't think of a better miracle to come during Holy Week (since Jesus already claimed the greatest Miracle on Easter Sunday). He's brought New Life to Selene and given us all a new start.

Thank you for all of the love, prayers, and support over these past few crazy weeks! I doubt I'll be able to keep up with daily posts since life will happen. But I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. At least on Tuesdays with we get numbers and news!

All our love...





Egg hunting


Of course I went to Frappy Hour

Cutie!

She loves brushing hair

Giggles with Nurse Linda

Cleaning...


I went to the bathroom and came out with her snuggled up with the computer...

Jamming to Bob Marley

It's appropriate that the Neutrapania/BMT kid is obsessed with cleaning.

Crusing

I forget what I told her No for...

Can't get comfortable.

Bedtime Milk.

3 comments:

  1. Great news!!! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers :). I do believe that the timing of this is a reminder of how He works in wonderful ways :) ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I'm so happy for your entire family... You deserve all the blessings anyone can have. Much love -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy! All the ladies here at Peace Lutheran who have been praying for you are tickled pink, too! Love, Teresa Cooper

    ReplyDelete