Friday, June 5, 2015

Another clinic Tuesday for everyone!

I fully intended to write Tuesday night, then Wednesday, then Thursday. Funny how needy newborns are!

Dan took Selene to CHOP on Tuesday as I gathered the other girls for a weight check.  He called to say Selene threw up on the way into the city. I freaked out. I'm sure that the english muffin dipped in ketchup didn't help (I didn't realize I was out of oatmeal and she begs for bread and ketchup....ew). But then I realized that Daddy's driving on Lincoln Drive, in a manual probably is what did her in :-)

We got to the pedi and the nurse weighed Kalina at 8.8. Back to birthweight! However, as I undressed Kalina I noticed her belly button had bled a little and a tiny piece of cord that was still in her button was a little black. I immediately became terrified, since a not healing belly button was the first sign of Neutropenia. When her stump fell off at one week I thought we were golden. I asked the NP about it as she used some silver nitrate on it (exactly what the pedi did for Selene). She said it could still be normal. Then she was really concerned about slight jaundice. She's fairly certain that it is breastfeeding jaundice...but now if I feel it isn't getting better then I need to take her to Abington for a billi test. If we do that, then I will have them draw the labs for K as well, though we were planning to do that at CHOP after she's a month old.

While I'm getting that news, Dan texts me a picture of Selene with an IV. I didn't realize that the alternative to bactrim (which we stopped because it was affecting her liver) would be the monthly Pentamidine. She looked so unhappy! But she's strong and just snuggled up with Dan in the day hospital and watched Pocahontas. Her liver numbers were down a bit which as good and now we get to move to every other week! It's a move in the right direction. Otherwise the doctors are pretty pleased with her and none of these "setbacks" seem to be worrying them. I guess they see it all and worst case scenarios. Thank goodness that's not us!

I feel a little bad but since Dan was out with Selene I took the girls to the mall. Ainsley got to play in the play area and then we had lunch at Chic Fil A.  I can't wait for Beanie to be able to join us for outings again!

****************

Today was Ainsley's school picnic.  We were excited that her preschool was part of a school because we felt that would be a better experience than a standalone preschool program. We wanted her in the structure of a school but didn't realize moving her to public school would be so sad! Her teachers and school and all of the parents have been INCREDIBLE.  If I'm not 100% happy with public then I'll pull her and send her there! I also just found out that her teacher is moving to the full week of PreK 3. Maybe I'll send Selene every day just so that she can be with Miss M!

So now Summer Vacation begins! How to balance it with keeping Ainsley sane without going places and keeping Selene safe will be fun. But at least now our mornings get to be a little bit lazy.

Happy Summer!!

She reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite, Beanie isn't happy! 

Sisterly love

Everyone loves the baby!

Back to birth weight!


Doing Daddy's hair

First day and last day!

Comfy

Lazy mornings

1 comment: