Wednesday, March 9, 2016

HAPPY REBIRTHDAY!!!!!

The happiest of rebirthdays to my fabulous Selene!!!


I thought I would have so many beautiful words to express my joy, but I'm coming up with nothing. We prayed, you prayed, and this year has been an absolute miracle.  I feel completely unworthy of God's grace through the past year.  It's humbling to know that while he carried us on our road to joy, that He was comforting someone else's path of sorrow.  We'll never know why we are given the blessings that we are, but I do know that I will thank Him every day for the health of my girls.

We are also so thankful for our amazing family and friends.  I even feel that in some respects that this year was almost easy...easier than I ever imagined it would be. Can I say that? That it felt easy? Sure, the hospital was scary and we went through some hard times. But the packages and letters brought excitement to Selene's day and the prayers filled my soul with peace.

All year long our friends juggled supporting us while adhering to our rules of no shoes, insane hand washing, wearing masks that get all hot and sweaty within 3 seconds and just basically accepting us disappearing for a few months because it was too complicated to arrange visits.

We are overjoyed that the next year will be filled with our families being together, seeing friends, play dates, celebrating friends' weddings and babies, vacations to San Francisco, the beach and ultimately a Wish Trip to Disney early next year. We are living a Blessed life.

I needed a little project to reminisce over those big moments in the past two years, so hopefully you enjoy this not so short video I put together.

Selene's video

Truly, here's to 2016!


Starting the day with waffles!




"I want syrup in each gem." Anything for you today kiddo!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome video centered on a year in the life of a very brave family! I cried, I laughed, I smiled! Thanks Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog gives me lot of hope!!! Love to your girls 😍

    ReplyDelete