Sunday, April 5, 2015

Christos Voskrese!

What a series of events to be reminded of the meaning of Easter. New and eternal life, the knowledge that no matter what happens there is a life beyond this waiting for us.

We had a lovely day with the girls and some visits from Aunt Grace and John, then Nana, Grandad and Uncle Matthias (the 3 person rule is tough with such big families!). Dan took Ainsley to church with his family, where she apparently danced and twirled to the music the whole service. We had a few egg hunts, a delicious dinner and an early bedtime. As perfect of an Easter as I could have imagined...especially considering I thought we'd still be in the hospital!

Being home has been a whirlwind. Filled with getting used to our new routine, coaxing Selene to drink, flushing tubies and keeping up with four rounds of medicine each day. I know I've said this so many times, but she amazes me. People talk about their 5, 7, 10, 16 year olds fighting medicine, battling them, etc. Selene asks for a towel and a drink, squinches her face, bats me away, then opens her mouth. I've smelled/tasted a drop of all of them and one is worse than the next. I know we have to do this to keep her healthy, and ultimately she could have come home on so many more (we have 6, and two of them are actually because of some bone issues caused by the neutropenia), but I still feel bad putting her through this.

The fluids intake is still a battle, one causing me great stress. We've taken every suggestion given. We even ordered cups recommended by a friend who said they greatly increased her toddlers intake. I'm not getting my hopes up, but we are willing to try anything. I'm terrified that when we go to clinic on Tuesday that they are going to be upset with her progress, need to readmit her, etc. At least this is occupying me enough that I haven't been fretting over ANC and counts.

Tonight was our first bath where she actually sat down and didn't cry. I think it helped that she sat by the tub and watched Ainsley play and was eager to try out the new bath toys. When it was her turn, she yelled "Hooray!" And then held up her tubies and said "Here you go" so that I could wrap them. It was a

Tomorrow, Dan goes back to work. Spring break couldn't have come at a better time. I wouldn't have survived our return without having him home. So now that I'm solely in charge of fluid intake I'm terrified. Hopefully we have a good day so that I have something good to tell the doctors and nurses at clinic on Tuesday.

I hope everyone had an amazing Easter!


 Coloring eggs!

How does a Mom of three girls forget pink?



Daddy and Ainsley on the way to church.

Beanie hunting eggs, hating the wind.

Hey sneaky wind, go away.




No comments:

Post a Comment