Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Another week of clinic, school pickup/drop off and driving through Dunkin Donuts.

I've been terrible about keeping up recently. Selene has had some terrible sleep regression. Bedtime takes 2 hours, she is up multiple times a night, and a few times has been up for the day at 4:30. Mix that with being 8 months pregnant and being unable to sleep when I'm actually in my bed and I'm barely functional.

We had a great clinic day on Tuesday. Ainsley wanted to come with us and the girls were so good, it was actually wonderful to have them be together (that and dropping Ainsley off at Nana's last week was traumatic for Selene.)

Her ANC is 1850. I think that's the highest it ever was other than when we were trying to figure out her Neupogen dosage and shot too high.  Her white blood counts and hemoglobin were both higher too. The only thing that dropped was her platelets, which isn't abnormal, but it just means we'll leave her Broviac in a little longer so that she can get a once a month IV medicine since the alternative oral medicine can inhibit platelets.

They also took blood for another engraftment study, but our doctor is really optimistic since she can't make neutrophils on her own the indication of a successful graft is fairly obvious. I'm not expecting their call until Monday and the wait is killing me!

Her skin is also craziness. Strange pigment from the chemotherapy and redness/chapped skin from all of the tape from her lines. So that's sad, but so far no signs of graft vs host rashes!

Now that the weather is nicer it is a little easier to be stuck at home. I mean, the benefit is not having to go anywhere. The downside is not getting to go anywhere :-)  I get a little sad when I see pictures of our friend's kids at the park/playground. Our Little Tikes slide and walks around the neighborhood will just have to make due until July.



When we pulled into the parking garage Selene asked "Wear mask?" It made my heart break and laugh at the same time.

Such a good big sister!

They always get really hungry...


Loving being outside!

Ainsley woke up, got dressed and made her bed before school and before waking me!

Cool kid working on her clock puzzle.




"helping" me clean the car

Another fun package with Disney stuff came from Chris!


She wanted me to put this clip in her hair....

Things that can happen when you're bald, your sister can accidentally color on your head.







No comments:

Post a Comment