Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Looking Good!

We get surveys from CHOP on the service we receive all the time. I filled out the most recent and one of the questions was "How do you rate the health of your child." I instinctively filled in the "Very good" option. Then I was like, what are you doing? Your kid had a bone marrow transplant, she isn't in perfect health. But, I think it says a lot about how well she is doing, and my mental state :-)

Today I took all three girls to clinic by myself. Ainsley didn't have school and I was feeling adventurous. My only concern was really the fact that I've been sleeping about 4 scattered hours at the moment because Kalina has stopped sleeping (Yes, Laura, you were right and I jinked myself). This also was our first time in the brand new Buerger Center. It just opened in October and Onco was moved there. It's a pretty amazing building, but it didn't change the fact that we were still there for 5 hours. But honestly, the girls were good, the staff is amazing, they loved the play rooms, the flat screens on the walls and all the snacks.

Selene never disappoints and had Ellen in stitches.  She got 10 kit kats and 10 nemnems (M&Ms) at Halloween and she is willing to share one kit kat with Mommy ;-)

Overall they were pleased with her health and think she is doing fabulously. Her anc was 7000, and since she has a cold it showed that once again she is mounting a response. She is slightly anemic, her hemoglobin had gone down a touch. So they'll do some tests next month to try and type it and find a cause. But it's nothing alarming right now. And her liver numbers are back to normal!!! Still a mystery with that one, but one I'm willing to let go for the time being.

They did send off for her 8month studies which will give us an idea of her immune system functioning, and will lead into the final decision at one year on when we can start vaccinating her again!


Everything was brand new!





Waiting for Dr. Olson and Ellen.

What I would rather be doing.

You can tell she is really upset when we go to Clinic.

"When do I get my snacks and a movie?"





Woody came and serenaded us with a version of Let It Go. It was actually great!

No comments:

Post a Comment