Friday, January 2, 2015

What is Love?

Love is when you can't decide whether or not to publically announce this huge happening in your life because it's so private and difficult and overwhelming.

And then friends whom you haven't seen in person in weeks, months or even years take a moment to say they are praying for you and support you.

I agonized for months over whether or not to even discuss this. But ultimately, I think that 6 weeks in the hospital will be unbearably lonely and stressful. And that pulling Ainsley from preschool, and staying home for months will be equally hard. And then we'll welcome a beautiful baby and add all the joyful exhaustion that goes with that little one. And Selene will be sick, and lose her hair (well, what little hair she has :-) ), and I didn't know how I could bear to hide all details of this for a year.

So thank you, from the bottoms of our hearts, for the outpouring of love and the prayers that are coming our way. I've said this a million times, but I can't believe how blessed we are, even in a situation like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment