Thursday, January 1, 2015

Here's to 2015

2014 was a year of amazing happiness, joy and experiences. At the same time it started a path we never expected to travel with our children.

2015 will be a year that brings new life in more ways than one, great fear, great joy, anxiety, prayer, faith, and trust.

My Timehop yesterday was 5 years of "What an amazing year we had, can't wait to see what the next brings!" I can honestly say that I have never wanted to be on the other side of a year more in my life. My hope is that NYE 2015 will be of our family of five, lighting sparklers, drinking sparkling cider and thanking God for a year that brought health, healing and joy.

But in the meantime, we will gather strength we never knew we had. And we will rely on faith in God to protect Selene, to guide her doctors, to give Ainsley the courage she needs to be an amazing big sister in so many ways, and to bring the safe arrival of a precious new family member when we are in the height of quarantine and waiting. And of course relishing in thankfulness at the support given by all of our family and friends, who helped us survive what will most likely be the hardest year of our lives.

So, here's to 2015 and all that it brings.


1 comment:

  1. I just read through all these to learn a little more about what's going on with Miss Selene, and this one made me cry. I'm sorry you all are going through this, and I pray that all your 2015 dreams come true! You are a warrior, mama ♡!

    ReplyDelete