Monday, July 14, 2014

Four posts in and I don't have a witty title.

We had an appointment with our lovely hematologists today. They are thrilled with Selene's health and so are we. Her ANC is 1500, I sometimes wish she hovered more in the 2000s+ but she is doing well so I can't complain!

Looks like we are all aiming for a spring transplant. The oncology team offered to do it at the end of summer, but I just don't think that gives us enough time to get our lives together. I think our quality of life will be better if we can get through the winter with all of the family holidays and then go into this fresh and ready. I also think it will be easier to be "quarantined" when we have the ability to take walks and be outside while still being away from crowds. Really, I'm just trying to convince myself all the reasons I'm not ready to take on this challenge yet.

Also, Selene continues to schmooze the phlebotomists. She barely flinched when they took her blood today (it doesn't hurt that they are ridiculous pros and get blood from her tiny rolling veins with a quick slip in of the needle) and then happily chose stickers.

All is well today!



No comments:

Post a Comment