Thursday, February 25, 2016

Reminiscing

As I sit here getting ready to go to bed I'm thinking about where we were last year. Frantically packing. Trying to have all the comforts of home while at the same time keeping it light (more stuff=more cleaning). We had no idea what would come. Worrying about things like not letting Selene eat in the morning because of her broviac surgery, what we would do in the hospital for 6 weeks, how she would handle chemo, what she'd look like bald. Restlessly sleeping, if you could call it that.

It's comforting to sit here knowing it was all for naught.  Tonight, I'm going to go to bed and while I won't be sleeping, it will be because I'm rocking a baby and calming Selene's fears of the dark.  Tomorrow we'll wake up and make coffee and oatmeal. Maybe we'll go shopping before nap time, maybe we'll do crafts. And I'll thank God for bringing such healing to our family.

One year ago. Oh how much can change in a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment