Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"Let's Go to the Mall"

Everyone better be singing Let's Go to the Mall by Robin Sparkles right now.

You're Welcome

Dan took Selene to CHOP today.  After a round of crying over wanting to wear one of the flower girl dresses they found in the back of the closet, we settled on a regular dress. I almost let her wear it, but I'm still holding out that Aunt Jojo will get married when one of the girls fits into it :-)

Her numbers looked amazing today. She had her IV antibiotic and did great eating snacks and watching the iPad. And her liver numbers are 111 and 123 down from 392 and 296!! Ellen is thrilled!

Also good news. They aren't as concerned about crowds anymore and said we could venture to the mall! The girls are thrilled. That is always our kill time get away in the winter or on a rainy day. Mall, Starbucks, Disney store, Auntie Anne's. They nixed the pumpkin farm because of hay, animals and other unknown germs. I knew they would but if you know me you know that we hit up the farms a few times each fall. I HATE leaving Selene behind but we probably will at least once.  I'm sure there's a Nana out there willing to spoil her for a few hours.

Dan and I are also taking Ainsley and Kalina to a cabin getaway with my family. We go every labor day weekend. I planned to stay home with the little girls but my family hasn't seen Kalina since she was a month old. And drinking coffee overlooking the pond on a dewy morning is just the kind of recharge my soul needs. So Selene is all set for a special sleepover with Nana and Grand-dad this weekend!

We also finished out the year with a few lessons for Ainsley from one of Dan's former swim students. Yes, Dan is a swim instructor, but without access to a pool that's fairly useless. We didn't want a year to pass by with Ainsley not being in the water since comfort and water safety are important to us. I think next summer I will swallow my hatred of all things hot and chlorinated and get a membership to our local pool.

Of course it's September, so Ainsley starts Kindergarten tomorrow! So I took her to meet her teacher, see her room and see some of the other kids. She'll be going with her little neighborhood BFF and a girl from her preschool is in her class. So we are very excited!

Otherwise I have to say that we've had quite a lovely summer despite our restrictions.  I can't thank everyone enough for the prayers. I can't believe we are a week away from our 6 months anniversary!

Love to all!

Prepare for a Photobomb

There will be a lot of photos of this munchkin

3 Months

Cleaning out the closet turned into a fashion show

Glee

Ainsley's swim lessons with Jenna

Kindergarten orientation

Dress up time

My girls!

Kindergarten!

Loves holding "My Kalina"

Go ahead and swoon!

Daddy tried to take her Steelers bag!

An old one my nephew took when she was 6 weeks old!

It stayed!!

Bell ears :-)

Who wants to actually get wet from the sprinkler?

After a trip to the kids' salon.

Antics during Daddy's birthday happy hour at Iron Hill!


Digging into dessert



No comments:

Post a Comment